Here is our current to-do's... with approximately 6 weeks to get it all done.
- Install Bathtub and Toilet so plumber can get plumbing
- Install Egress Windows* in three rooms (Decide if we want casement or sliding...Single and Double hung will not work...)
- Install Stair Stringers*, Treads and Risers
- Put Up Door Frame for Bathroom
- Fix Door Frame to Front Porch
- Frame Out Doorway for Sliding Barn Door in Living Room
- Insulate Entire House
- Install New Oil Tank
- Fix Pipe on Well
- Finish Electrical and Hang Fixtures
- Sand and Seal Floors
- Tile and Install Bathroom
- Install Kitchen Cabinets, Shiny Kitchen Sink and Shiny Stove
- Continue to Sort and Pack
- Move In!
My completion check marks will not be as quick to come as I would normally like. But...that's ok.
The other day, I was sifting through my "notes" on my phone and came across a list of things that I felt needed to get done at the house before we moved in. No joke. This list was made two days after we closed on the house.
Pull Wallpaper in Kitchen.
Paint Living Room.
There you have it. I find that list hilarious. Oh how the novice I was! Here's what my list should have said:
Listen to Dave before making lists.
*Helpful Definitions for Home Renovation Newbies :
Egress Window : Any window that provides an escape means from your home in case of a fire. It also serves the purpose of providing a means of entry for emergency personnel. As such they are an essential and important requirement in your home.
Stair Stringers: The structural framing that supports the treads and risers. There are typically two stringers, one on either side of the stairs. The stringers are sometimes notched so that the risers and treads fit into them.